Sunday, August 27, 2006

Salem, Ct Garage Fire

August 26, 2006 - On Saturday evening the Salem and Gardner lake fire departments with mutrual aid from Colchester, Oakdale,Lyme, and the Mohegan Tribal FAST team responded to 72 Witchmeadow Rd for a garage fire with explosions. Salem Ladder-121 arrived and found heavy smoke and fire from the "D" side of a 1 1/2 stry detached garage with an apartment on the 2nd floor. Exterior operations were conducted to knock the fire down. Once the fire was knocked down an interior operation was conducted from the unburned side of the garage. Extensive overhaul was needed to get the fire that had raced thru the eaves of the garage. mutual aid units went into service in about 90 minutes. while Salem and Gardner Lake firefighters overhauled.
(I didn't have my Olympus camera with me, these shots were taken with my HP635 photosmart, which I keep with me at work. I do not recommend this camera, it eats alot of batteries and kills rechargables in a short amount of time. I was only able to take 5 shots before it died, this has been a common accurance with this camera, I'm starting to think it is afraid of fire!)

Salem firefighters ascend Ladder 121 to vent the roof
Salem and Gardner lake firefighters attempt to open the garage door
A Salem firefighter starts a power saw to make an opening in the garage door

No comments: